Whether you realize it or not, every word you think or speak is an affirmation. Affirmations are declarations, observations if you will, about you and the world around you. The concept seems simple enough until you realize that what you affirm, positive or negative, is what you internalize and make a part of your reality. Your behaviors follow.
Suddenly that statement you made last week to friends about how you will never be able to get ahead isn’t so innocuous, huh?
You can change the way success shows up in your life though, simply by using daily positive affirmations. Eventually, these positive thoughts and words will replace the negative self-talk you’ve had for so long. And when that happens, you’ll begin to enjoy success in a way you never thought possible.
Affirmations work because they replace the ideas and beliefs that you’ve held for years by replacing them with new statements, that define you in every aspect of your life. That is why it’s so important to use positive affirmations in your life, at every opportunity. That’s especially true for the behavior you want to change, or in how you wish to feel about yourself. What you tell yourself, your brain will latch onto and follow.
When developing a success mindset, affirmations become vitally important. Whatever you affirm, becomes your truth regarding (any) success. Negative thoughts and negative talk about your success make for an impoverished you.
What are some positive affirmations regarding a success mindset that you can use instead? Try saying these statements:
- I practice good habits that will lead me to success.
- My intellect is sufficient to lead me to untold wealth.
- I have what I need to live the life that I want.
- I am a tribe-gatherer who brings together people and resources that will enable me to reach my goals.
- My actions are positive and designed to increase my success daily.
- I see opportunity where others do not.
- I deserve the success I desire.
- I am comfortable asking for help from mentors for what I need.
- I already have everything I need to become successful.
- I find connections and know how to leverage my resources.
By repeating these phrases every morning when you get up and again in the evening when you go to bed, you create a habit of thinking positively about your success. These affirmations become powerful in rewiring your feelings about success in any area of your life, and will then subconsciously begin to guide you in ways to make these words a reality.
Affirmations have a way of making what you say come true. So be careful of your words. Guard your thoughts. Stay positive and make bold statements about yourself and what you’re out to accomplish. Only then will you seize the success you desire. Remember, mindset matters.
If you’re frustrated that you are not reaching your goals or desired level of success, don’t struggle – reach out to learn how we can help.